SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.45 issue1Causes of conversion of videolaparoscopic cholecystectomy in the Second Department of Surgical Clinic and the Emergency Department of the Hospital de Clínicas, FCM UNA (2015-2018)Surgical management of the esophageal achalasia in the IPS Central Hospital from january 2016 to december 2018 author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




  • Have no cited articlesCited by SciELO

Related links

  • Have no similar articlesSimilars in SciELO


Cirugía paraguaya

On-line version ISSN 2307-0420


AGUILERA, Panambi et al. Surgical management of crural hernia in the General Surgery Service of the Central Military Hospital of the National Armed Forces. Period march 2017 to march 2019. Cir. parag. [online]. 2021, vol.45, n.1, pp.12-15. ISSN 2307-0420.

Objective: To determine the surgical management of patients operated on for crural hernia from March 2017 to March 2019 at the Central Hospital of the Armed Forces. Material and methods: A retrospective analysis of 30 patients operated on for crural hernia was carried out in the General Surgery Service of the Central Hospital of the Armed Forces. Results: A total of 30 (n) patients with intraoperative diagnosis of femoral hernia were obtained, according to the distribution according to age, they are more frequent in the range of 51 to 60 years. According to sex, it was observed that 25 patients were female (83%) and 5 patients were male. According to the surgical technique, a transinguinal approach was performed in 83% of the patients (25) and the remaining 5 patients (17%) underwent infrainguinal surgery. Conclusion: In the study carried out, the age group of patients were adults in 60 %, with a female predominance in 83%. Regarding complications, a low percentage of perioperative complications was recorded, with the most frequent vascular compromise being 17%, and regarding medical complications, sepsis was observed in 10%, ARF 3% and pneumonia 3% .

Keywords : Crural Hernia; infrainguinal; surgery.

        · abstract in Spanish     · text in Spanish     · Spanish ( pdf )