Scope and editorial policy
The Revista de salud publica del Paraguay (RSPP) is the official scientific dissemination body of the Instituto Nacional de Salud (INS) in Asunción, Paraguay. It is open for the publication of national or international scientific papers originating in the different disciplines related to Public Health, such as Medicine and its derived sciences: Education, Social Sciences, History, Economics and Administration, related to the field of Health.
The Journal is published every semester and contains the following sections: Editorial Article, Research Article (Originals and Short Communications), Review Articles, Case Reports, Guidelines and Consensus, Special Section, Letters to the Editor as well as other information that contributes to improve the situation in the health area of the country.
All articles accepted by the Editorial Committee, are sent for evaluation by national and / or international external academic peers. The evaluation of the articles by peer reviewers is done anonymously by both authors and evaluators, guaranteeing confidentiality.
The evaluators give their opinion in one of the three options: a) Accepted without modification, b) Accepted incorporating the proposed modifications, c) Rejected.
The order of publication of accepted papers is at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
The works and opinions published in the journal are the exclusive responsibility of the authors. The authors assign to the Magazine the ownership of their copyright, so that the articles are published and disseminated in any form or medium, under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
I. GENERAL RULES
a. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. It will be printed on A4 paper (212x297 mm), with margins of at least 25 mm, Microsoft WORD text format, Times New Roman font, size 12.
2. It will be written only on one side of the paper, double space throughout the entire manuscript. Each section will start on a separate sheet. The pages will be numbered consecutively, starting with the title on the bottom right corner of each page.
3. The text of the article must be produced in digital format and can be sent in an original and magnetic media addressed to: Editorial Committee of the Public Health Magazine of Paraguay, Avenida Santísima Trinidad and Itapúa, Asunción, Paraguay. It can also be sent to our email address as an attachment to email@example.com
4. It must be corrected, without spelling or style mistakes. A sheet with the signature of all the authors, where they express that they accept the publication of the journal.
5. The articles must be accompanied by a letter from the author, responsible for correspondence concerning the work (corrections, proofreading reviews).
6. The letter must provide address, telephone and additional information deemed necessary, such as type of article sent (original work, clinical case description, review of topics).
b. TITLE PAGE
Form and preparation of manuscripts
The works sent to the Revista de salud publica del Paraguay must comply with the following instructions:
A. ORIGINAL ARTICLES
The manuscript should be arranged in the following order: title, names of the authors, name and address of the institution, summary, key words, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, conclusions, acknowledgments (if any), and bibliography. Sponsors should be mentioned as footnotes on the first page.
Summary and keywords
The second page will include a summary. It must not contain more than 250 words and will be written as a single paragraph or with a structured format, in the past tense. It will indicate: job title, introduction or background, study design, the purposes of the study or research; material and methods (population, interventions, statistical analysis) the most important results, and the main conclusions. Emphasize new and important aspects of the study or observations. After the summary add 3 to 10 words or short key phrases that help the indicators to classify the article. You must also include the summary in English with their respective keywords (keywords).
Express the purpose of the article. Summarize the rationale of the study or observation. Mention the strictly pertinent references, without making an extensive review of the subject. Do not include data or conclusions of the work you are making known.
Materials and methods
Describe clearly how the subjects observed or who participated in the research were selected. Identify the methods, devices, equipment and procedures, with sufficient details so that other researchers can reproduce the results. Provide references of accredited methods. Describe the statistical methods in sufficient detail so that the reader versed in the subject and who has access to the original data, can verify the reported results. Whenever possible, quantify the results and present them with appropriate indicators of measurement error or uncertainty (for example, confidence intervals). Provide the details of the subject's randomization process. Specify the software used.
Present the results following a logical sequence through text, tables and figures. Do not repeat the data in the tables or illustrations in the text: highlight or summarize only the important observations.
Highlight the new and important aspects of the study and the conclusions that derive from them. Do not repeat in detail the data or other information, already presented in the introduction and results sections.
Indicate the most important conclusions in the form of a paragraph without a subtitle or with a structured format.
7. Bibliographic References (Appointments and Bibliography See *)
B. REVIEW ARTICLE
Document result of a research where the results of published or unpublished research are analyzed, systematized and integrated, on a field in science or technology, in order to account for the advances and development trends. It is characterized by presenting a careful bibliographic review of at least 50 references.
C. CURRENT THEMES
They will be requested by the Editorial Committee, just as the review articles must provide real scientific interest, but without the depth of critical analysis required by a review article. It requires an unstructured summary, an introduction, text and conclusions. It can include no more than four graphs or figures. It must consist of: 1. Title in Spanish and English (no more than 250 words); 2. Summary and keywords, in Spanish and English. 3. Development of the topic, 4. Conclusion, 5. Bibliography.
D. CASE REPORTS
Clinical cases of one to three patients or a whole family are described. In this case the text should have a maximum of 2000 words without including references. The following points should be included: 1. Title in Spanish and English, 2. Summary and key words, in Spanish and English, 3. Brief introduction, 4. Presentation of the cases, 5. Case discussion based on the literature and if it is possible to include the differential diagnosis, 6. Bibliographic References (no more than 25) 7. Tables and figures, in total three.
E. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
They are short communications with several objectives. 1) Stimulate the discussion of articles published in the Journal of Public Health of Paraguay (RSPP). The scientific community is invited to write constructive criticisms no greater than two pages and in no more than two months after the article in question has been published. 2) Communication of brief scientific observations in which the author considers that the space of an original article is not required. In this case, a maximum of 3 pages, a table or figure and five bibliographical references will be allowed. The number of authors must not exceed three, with a responsible author from whom correspondence will be sent.
F. SHORT COMMUNICATIONS (SHORT COMMUNICATIONS)
Communications that involve few preliminary general results that are not enough for a complete publication.
Document written by the Editor, a member of the Editorial Committee or a guest researcher on orientations in the thematic domain of the journal.
H. OTHER SECTIONS
Summaries of congresses, conferences or scientific meetings, norms and technical specifications.
* All References must be cited in the text (in parentheses) and faithfully written as they appear in the original work. They must be cited in order of appearance following the international standards of Vancouver.
* References not published, personal communications or works sent to publication will not be accepted as references. The abbreviations of the journals must follow the indications of the Index Medicus (http://www.nlm.nih.gov).
* The order of appearance in the text of the aforementioned reference is followed. If the appointment is repeated, the number is repeated.
* The citation is indicated by the order number in parentheses or brackets, or as superscript, with or without parentheses.
* If the paragraph requires more than one appointment, the numbers are separated by commas.
* The bibliography contains the citations in numerical order, regardless of the bibliographic citation style used.
Sending of manuscripts
ACCEPTANCE OF WORK
For the acceptance or rejection of the articles an evaluation process is necessary that includes:
Manuscripts should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Home] [About the Journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Avda Santísima Trinidad casi Itapúa.
Asunción - Paraguay
Telefax.: (595 21) 2944823